Skylands Manor is well-known and cherished by New Jerseyans as one of Frungillo Caterers’ unique wedding and special events venues. Did you know that it is also a one-of-a-kind Bed-and-Breakfast?
Located in the heart of the New Jersey Botanical Gardens in Ringwood State Park, Skylands Manor offers 44 stately guest rooms that reflect a time gone by and have been recently restored to include modern amenities. There are endless things to do year-round, and in the summertime the gardens, woodlands and surrounding towns are in full bloom.
Skylands Manor is a local treasure and was recently voted as number one of “5 Romantic Weekend Escapes” by NJ Monthly Magazine. When you arrive, you may be greeted by concierge extraordinaire Laurel. I recently spoke with Laurel about how she expertly guides our first-time and returning guests to have a fabulous stay at Skylands Manor. Here is our “top 10 things to do” list for the summertime:
1. Book your getaway for rest and relaxation by staying overnight in one of Skylands Manor’s elegant guest rooms (staycation!).
2. Explore decades of unique NJ history and architecture throughout the regal halls and exteriors of this English Jacobean-style Mansion.
3. Stroll in the romantic, manicured New Jersey Botanical Gardens (96 acres of spectacular beauty).
4. Hike beautiful trails within the woodlands of Ringwood State Park (5,000 acres!) surrounded by the Ramapo Mountains.
5. Shoot stunning photographs of engagements, weddings, family portraits and naturescapes.
6. Enjoy swimming, paddle boating and picnicking at Shepherd's Lake.
7. Visit nearby Legends Riding Stable in Vernon, NJ for horseback riding.
8. Dine at favorite local restaurants including Prime 15 Steakhouse & Grill and Raku Sushi.
9. Tee off a round of golf at Bowling Green Golf Club in Oak Ridge, NJ.
10. Cross the nearby state border into New York for antiquing and wine tasting in Warwick and touring the breathtaking sculptures at Storm King Arts Center in Mountainville.
Book your overnight stay, wedding and special events at Skylands Manor by calling us at: 973.962.9349
Enjoy your visit!!