The autumn and winter months tend to bring on busy days filled with holiday shopping and events. A “staycation” at the B&B at Skylands Manor offers our guests a special opportunity to unwind, take in the beauty of the changing seasons, and spend quality time with friends and family in a cherished historic NJ landmark.
I sat down with Linda Pergola, Director at Skylands Manor, to create our top 5 favorite things to see and do at Skylands Manor as the days get shorter and cooler:
1. Take a drive, stroll or hike through the extraordinary surrounding landscape of the New Jersey Botanical Gardens, Ringwood State Park and Ramapo Mountains. Whether it's brightly colored leaves or soft snow flakes falling - the sights and sounds are breathtaking!
2. Celebrate the season at Warwick Valley Winery & Distillery with a special selection of hard ciders, apple picking, and musical performances (check their website for dates and availability). This is always a local hotspot!
3. Hit the slopes. There are many areas to enjoy skiing, snowboarding, and tubing including Mount Peter Ski & Ride and Campgaw Mountain.
4. Shop, shop, and shop some more. You will find unique holiday gifts at the antique and independent shops throughout the small towns in North NJ and Upstate NY. Need to hit the mall? Paramus Park Mall and Woodbury Common Premium Outlets are also short drive away.
5. Snuggle up. Skylands Manor's charm and romance is all you really need to get away from it all, relax, and stay warm with your soulmate. In fact, the holiday season always creates an uptick in wedding proposals on our grounds and gardens . . . so we decided to add a bonus tip:
6. Come and get engaged! We can help you plan a memorable engagement - and your dream wedding. [Wedding photograph featured above by one of our preferred vendors: Stephen Taylor Photography]
We hope to see you soon!
~Maria, Social Media & Marketing Manager at Frungillo Caterers